If you ever come across a situation when iTunes refuses to sync your iPhoto library to your iPod, iPhone or AppleTV, and a very important symptom is that you cannot choose “Selected Albums” option in iTunes syncing preferences, chances are you have an issue inside the AlbumData.xml file within the iPhoto Library.
- Open Pictures directory in Finder, locate your iPhone Library and Ctrl-click (or right-click) it and choose “Show Package Content…” option.
- At the top of the list you will see AlbumData.xml file.
- Drag it over to Safari (either on your dock, or drop it onto a URL bar of an open Safari window).
- Safari will report an error, note what line that error on, it is likely that it’ll say that
- Open AlbimData.xml file in your favorite editor and navigate to that line. You will see something like this:
<key>Comments</key> <string>Some comment:<key>PhotoCount</key> ...
Notice that string tag is not closed. Insert a </string> right before the <key> tag (you can also add a new line after it, for clarity):
<key>Comments</key> <string>Some comment:</string> <key>PhotoCount</key> ...
- Save the file and try again iTunes, you should all be set now.