I’ve gotten around to playing with Namazu today. Unfortunately, after running mknmz(1) any querying with namazu query I got no results for known-good strings. I’ve then decided to rebuild the whole thing and realized that I’ve slightly oversimplified (and overcomplicated) the patching I applied.
This time I have done a bit better job at tracking how I got it to complile under Cygwin:
- Make sure you know where your perl(1) is: if you have both Cygwin and ActiveState installed, make sure that you run configure as:
- After you’ve run configure, fix libtool script by sed -i.bak 's/^M$//g' libtool.
- You’d also have to manually fix libtool script to “lengthen” the wrapped lines in the extract_expsyms_cmds variable definition: remove soft line terminators (\\) — you should end up with only 3 lines that define this var.
- Lastly, manually create src/.libs/impgen.c as:
head -n 491 libtool | tail -n 134 | sed 's/^#[ ]*//' > src/.libs/impgen.c
After this you can run make(1) and all should be fine…
BUT: No UNICODE support, hence my UNICODEd text files won’t work… 🙁